When you're out on the road, you see a lot of drivers: some good, some average, and some you never want to see again. You can't control what other drivers do. And you can't control the condition of the road or the hazards you encounter.
But there is one thing you can control all the time, and that's how you drive. No matter what type of vehicle you're in—a car, pickup truck, utility van, straight truck, or passenger van—when you drive defensively, your safety, and the safety of those around you, is in your hands.
Defensive driving combines planning, constant attention, and a positive, proactive attitude. It's not a question of if you'll face hazards on the road. It's a question of when.
This program is designed to help drivers avoid preventable injuries by recognizing and avoiding risks and adopting safe practices.
- Trip Planning
- Pre-trip Vehicle Inspection
- Driving Hazards
- Distracted Driving
- Driving Defensively
- Speed & Space Management
- Stopping Distance
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize and reduce risk before stepping into the vehicle by using trip planning and by conducting a pre-trip vehicle inspection
- Modify driving habits to safely drive in hazardous weather conditions
- Identify the dangers of distracted driving
- Describe how to see and anticipate not only what is happening around them, but also what might happen by:
- Being aware of surroundings,
- Perceiving what's going on around them
- Managing their speed and space accordingly
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Course Completion - New
Your cart is empty